What is an Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager?
- The Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager holds a Doctorate or Masters of Nursing degree and specializes in care management. Other advanced clinical nursing or academic degrees, and board certifications may be held.
- The Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager has years of clinical experience and helps individuals and their families navigate through a healthcare crisis.
- She teaches and counsels people so they can understand the extent of their illness and helps them decide on the most appropriate care options in the best possible setting
How Can the Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager Help?
The Advanced Practice Nurse Care Manager can perform the necessary physical and mental exams to determine the appropriate level of care including:
- PRI and Screen
- Mini Mental Status Exam
- Other assessment and diagnostic tests to determine care needs
- Determine the appropriate level of care such as:
Aging at home
- Develop an appropriate ongoing care plan and ensure that the plan is maintained.